All Mental Health Services
Mental Health Services are provided to individuals and families who are dealing with various life stressors. These services are conducted in a group or individual setting, and provided by Licensed Professional Counselors. All behavioral health programs are overseen by Howard Rogers, M.A., AARC’s Executive Director, also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and by Dr. Robert Jimenez, AARC’s Medical Director, a psychiatrist with a history of working with individuals living with HIV.
Spanish and or bilingual Services include:
- In office session at the agency
- In home counseling and other local agencies
Psychiatric Services include:
the prescribing and monitoring of psychotropic medications to individuals with a diagnosed mental disorder and are provided by a licensed physician.
Substance Abuse Services include:
the provision of prevention and treatment to address substance abuse problems (including alcohol, legal and illicit drugs) in an outpatient setting. Substance Abuse groups revolve around an evidence based approach to treating substance abuse and involve both group as well as individual support.
The counseling staff is proficient in working with many topics, including but not limited to:
- Stages of acceptance of HIV/AIDS
- Overall mental, physical and spiritual wellness
- Grief and Loss
- Abuse, neglect, exploitation issues (childhood and current – sexual, physical and emotional)
- Gender identity
- Spiritual guidance
- Emotional support
- Relapse Prevention, Maintenance, and Recovery Processes
- Psycho-educational information on the effects of substance abuse and dependence