We will maintain our current COVID-19 protocols until further notice 3/3/2021
Health Equity Clinic
- Accepting new patients.
- Transfer of care patients accepted at this time.
- Clinic is fully staffed onsite
- Established patients are given option of in person visit or telemedicine; newly diagnosed clients are encouraged to come in person for initial visit.
- Rapid start patients will be seen in clinic, or other deemed as necessary. The client will be informed that the rapid start visit is to prioritize initiation of treatment of HIV and chronic medical issues will be addressed in an upcoming appointment.
- Return to care will be given the option of in person visit or telemedicine.
- New Hormone Replacement Therapy patients will be given the option of in person visit or telemedicine.
- New PrEP patients will be given the option of in person visit or telemedicine.
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV will be given the option of in person visit or telemedicine.
- New Primary Care patients will be given the option of in person visit or telemedicine.
- Acute care visits for established patients will need to be approved by the medical provider prior to scheduling.
- Lab draws are currently done in clinic by appointment. If preferred, patients will be sent to a draw station.
- Currently, intakes will be completed by phone. Clients may use agency phone if one is not available. Documents can be emailed or dropped off to the agency.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse (MH&SA):
- Accepting referrals
- New clients will be seen using telehealth.
- Current clients will be seen using telehealth or by phone.
- Onsite telehealth is available (video capability in exam room) for patients who do not have access to technology or privacy for at-home telemedicine.
- Agency is conducting a virtual Support Group
- Agency is conducting a virtual Substance Abuse Group – treatment focused, not a support group.
- Clients in crisis will be referred to the Jimenez Restoration Center.
- Current and new patients will receive psychiatry via telemedicine or by phone. Medication management will be adhered to by the psychiatric nurse practitioner.
Home Delivered Meals/Meal Gift Cards:
- Boost will be delivered to the clients’ homes.
- Gift cards will be delivered to clients who are at-risk for food shortage.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT):
- Medical nutrition assessment and follow-ups will be conducted via phone. Clients will also receive medical nutrition therapy via phone. Referrals are now being accepted.
Health Insurance Continuation Program
- New clients and current clients can receive health insurance services via phone. Documents can be emailed or dropped off to the agency.
Case Management (Medical & Non-Medical)/EIS
- We are currently using ARIES, phone, and other technology to locate and contact out-of-care clients instead of street outreach.
- Newly diagnosed and return-to-care clients will meet with an EIS (face to face) in the clinic.
- Current clients will be encouraged to communicate with EIS via phone, including agency phone if a private phone is not available to them.
- HIV, HEP C, and STI screening will be done by phone. No walk-ins being accepted at this time.
- Testing will be done in the mobile unit.
- All off-site testing and events have been cancelled or postponed.
- New clients will be mailed housing assessments. Clients will drop off completed documents at the agency.
- Initial interview and reassessments will be conducted via phone.
- Rental checks will be mailed to landlords or released to clients for landlords who do not accept mailed checks.
- New clients will be accepted for medical transportation.
- Drivers are wearing masks and will thoroughly clean the vehicle using effective cleaning products after each route.
- Passengers are limited to one per trip unless it is a pre-approved special situation, otherwise Cab/Taxi service will be provided.
- Bus passes will be distributed at the agency. Clients will be contacted to come pick up their bus passes. Times will be staggered to reduce many people in one area. Bus tokens will be available as needed.
- Business hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30 pm.
- Staff are rotating between on-site and remote work.
- On-site staff will undergo temperature checks every morning.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,